The hardest thing I've written

Below is a piece I submitted for a Flash Fiction entry a while back for Lily Childs' Feardom. It came up in conversation with some friends down the pub this weekend and I was surprised by how choked up I still feel when I think about it.

Anyway, I thought I would place it here amongst my musings for you to read. Fortunately the story is fiction.

Loss
Each day is more wretched than the last. Sipping shot after burning shot of whisky dulls the pain but it cannot change the past.

"Daddy, come play with my cars."

"In a minute" I shouted from the kitchen as I munched on my cereal.

"Now Daddy"

"In a minute Stephen"

I didn't realise he could open the front door on his own. I didn't realise until I heard the sirens.

Comments

  1. Ooh.. That sent a chill thru me..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is VERY powerful. Nice job ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, hardest thing I've read in a while too. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hat's of to you fella, that's harsh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Prediction - getting the chills

The Prediction - shall we dance one last time?

The Prediction - It's getting hot in here!